Thursday, May 04, 2006

Red shoes..........

Red shoes......dancing shoes? I am dancing.....no I'm not, I'm daydreaming - again! I always wanted a pair of red dancing shoes and also the ability to dance like a ballerina. I always joked (can you see the tear sliding slowly down the chubby cheek) that I was a barrelina , too plump, too awkward and clumsy to be a dancer. I wanted to float gracefully across a stage in a tutu - but my legs looked like tree trunks. I wanted to wear star-spangled dresses and go ballroom dancing - but I had two left feet.

You know - maybe its time to try again!! I find now I am older and finally growing into myself I am not as fat and clumsy as I thought I was - or I was told I was? - and it might just be possible to put those shoes on. I hope they are comfortable because its a long long time since I looked at shoes as glamour items - I think - "if I know I have feet then my shoes are useless!! "

Perhaps in this enchanted land I will find myself full of grace? There are strange melodies floating in the air here - reminding me of the mysterious island in Shakespeare's "The Tempest". Magic afoot? Aha, a pun.....the magic is making me smile with aniticipation.

Look out world - the first great Barrelina is about to dance the lead in "Swan Lake."

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

In this enchanted land you can be a barrelina with red shoes or whatever you want to be Sara. And that is the real magic of this world.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice post....i too have a pair of red nike shoes and i wear them only for party and i dance with it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home