Wednesday, May 03, 2006


I am with y'all, I'm just laggin behind. Carrying a writer's block is heavy, most of the time. But see all the little rocks in this creek? They are parts of the block breaking away from me. I have turned them over and over in my mind so many times they are smooth in my hands and in my head. I can pick them back up now and turn them into something besides that burden. Bits and pieces tumbling around, warming in my hands, they will become a story. Surely they are already becoming one.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I like this idea, and I like the tree enjoying that water there:-)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

That is fine Kim. Writer's block can be the heaviest stone of all to carry. If you let others help the load may become lighter. There are some broad, strong shoulders around here. So do give a yell if you need a hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home