Saturday, April 29, 2006

Trying to warm my stone artist

Now that I've set foot onto the soil where the Land of the Standing Stones inhabits, I feel awed and frozen with fear. Thoughts of unworthiness and criticism swirl around, but I push them aside and take in all that I can see, hear and feel.

Over there, energy is crackling on the horizon where the others are and where I should be. But I'm rooted to the spot. The stone in my heart has weighed me down so much that my back is bent. I feel stirrings deep within me, sparks of light that are trying to answer the call of those energy fields crackling on the horizon. The hearts, souls and minds of others are calling to me but I look and cannot move.

I feel inspired and stimulated in my mind but it does not trickle to where it matters in my heart. I'm trying to catch up and warm my stone artist. I'm trying to feel grateful for the voice I have.

I take a deep breath, close my eyes and take one step forward. I open my eyes again and smile, because if I can manage this one step, then surely more can follow? If I've made this small amount of progress, then surely my stone artist is feeling a trickle of comfort and warmth and there is hope yet? I look to the horizon again, feeling the pull and knowing that if I keep steady and continue to take these tiny steps, I'll get there in the end, I'll become who I'm supposed to be, my heartsong will be sung and then I'll be free.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

The great thing about the Land of Standing Stones is this...you make the rules and you do the exploring and you tell the story.

No one knows it better then you
so please, please share what you see with us.

Anita Marie

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

You are absolutely right, Anita Marie.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a gutsy effort Stacey. One step at a time darling and trust me, you have a strong voice. Don't let others strike you mute when they can never sound like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home