Friday, May 05, 2006

Dancing in my red shoes


I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, only the road along which my red sparkly shoes are dancing is paved with a rainbow, not yellow bricks.

Remember how Dorothy clicked her heels and said, ``there’s no place like home”? I clicked my heels together and little silvery wings sprouted out of them. Suddenly I felt like a child running again, so light and quick that my feet never touched the ground.

I feel at home on the rainbow road, carrying my little bag of goodies again – I thought I’d parted with them but here they are again, the tiny anchor, the medallion with the unicorn stamped on it, those strange glasses – will I meet the mysterious Lord Anselm again, I wonder?

I think of all the wonderful characters I met on my last journey – Christabel the educated donkey, the beautiful unicorn, the quarreling elves – I miss them, especially Christabel, but this journey will be different again, with new characters to meet and new adventures ahead.

Time to catch up with the other travellers – I click my heels, and off I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home