Tuesday, April 18, 2006

meeting the Crone

I am your true mother, she said, I have been watching and waiting for your arrival since the day you were born.

What about my real mother I asked, what role did she have?

Oh she was your physical mother, the old woman replied But I, I am your true mother, the mother of your soul, the mother of your creativity, the mother to whom you have called all these years of exile.

Why didn;t you show yourself until now I ask.

You were not ready she replies, you were busy doing things, raising your babies, feeding your children, taking care of your husband, using your god given musical talent to teach children and earn money for food. You would not have heard me even if I had spoken to you, called you in your dark tear filled nights. Now, when you are finally sitting still, when you have finally turned your back on the material world, when you have been brought low by experience and life itself, it is time for me to come and guide you to the world that you have longed for in your deepest heart. I will guide you to a world where you can be the creative human being you have always wished to be, and where you will find your true self waiting for you.

The crone disappeared.....in her place I saw an image of myself as I wished to be, serene, smiling, fulfilled, living an authentically creative life. The crone/earth mother is my deepest self and I have had to be humbled totally to find her, acknowledge her, and live within her precepts........

3 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

What a wonderful moment of awakening Sara. This is a defining moment.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

a true gift to be able to acknowledge this

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Something I can truly relate to. A good place to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home