Friday, March 31, 2006

Reaching the Land of Standing Stones

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Word has reached us that travellers are climbing the Faraway Tree to reach the Land of Standing Stones in order to free and warm the stone artists that are trapped within.

It is not easy to reach this land. In an increasingly materialistic world, where so many are driven by a seemingly insatiable desire for power and possessions some folk are so calcified that they may need help up the tree. A host of helpers have come to the tree to help pull you up if you are feeling weighed down by fears, anxiety or a sense of insecurity.

The requirements of an artist cannot be fulfilled by material means so travellers must travel lightly, bringing talismans for those who will help to warm their internal artist.

In the Land of Standing Stones you will calm and concentrate your mind, awaken an artistic vision and embrace the joy of art.

Begin by telling us what you are thinking as you approach the tree and begin to head towards this magical and mysterious land.

7 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Fantastic Heather. I am ready for adventure:-)

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Luna said...

Me too! Me too!

jumping up and down enthusiastically

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah now Beetle Bug. Self doubts like this suggest that you really do need to come and warm that artist within. And invitation will appear and someone will help you up the tree.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Merry Sunshine at your service ... I cannot wait to see what's under those Stones.

Anita Marie

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An air of shimmering mystery surrounds this place... How awe-inspiring it is! I need a space such as this to quiet my thoughts, to re-focus myself now. I need a place such as this to warm my soul.

I have let the outside world overwhelm and take over my time, energy, creative impulse. Can you help crack open the fear of letting go that is wrapped so tightly around my soul?

I offer to you my Talisman of the Cycles...

A clay circle four and a half cm. in diameter; of a raw gray colour, as if fresh from the kiln; in the middle a stamped circle, and inside this circle a tiny moon, a tiny sun, and a miniature peace sign; on the outside rim are carved in runic alphabet, the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.

My Cycle is turning, another stage of my life is opening up. Tomorrow I start a new job, working with plants, trees, shrubs, herbs, flowers. It is Autumn here now. But my soul wants to be warm, to remain grounded in its artistic expressions. Can you help me keep focused, O Folks of the Faraway Tree?
May you blessed be
ShellMist

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

oh ShellMist, you said "I have let the outside world overwhelm and take over my time, energy, creative impulse" and that is also my problem at the moment...

so many mundane things to get done and so few reasons why...

I needed another opportunity to find some creative juices as well so here I am.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kimswhimsy said...

What am I thinking....hmmm. I always put writing off, as in thinking that I will always be able to do it, though sometimes my mind churns with ideas and possibilities and the thoughts of conveying those to others in some form- whether written or oral.

I am excited about my first jaunt outside of Riversleigh, which I'd barely ahd time to explore.

I'm not much one for adventure. I like plans, knowledge of what's coming, so I'll just have to swallow that apprehension and climb away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home